Our Position on Privacy and Data Protection
Last updated: Jan 06, 2014
1ST Guard Security UK LTD (“1ST Guard Security”, “We” or “us”) is concerned about protecting the personal information (personal information is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual) it gathers about the users, visitors and customers (collectively, “Users”, and individually a “User”) of our websites, including without limitation, www.1stguardsecurity.co.uk (the “Web Site”), other 1ST Guard Security web pages, software, services and products (collectively, referred to as the “Services”).
We believe that individuals have the right to be informed about the information being collected about them and about its intended use. Individuals also have the right to review information being retained and the means to update and correct it.
To help you better understand how your personal information is protected at 1ST Guard Security, we are providing you with the following statement (the “Privacy Statement”) describing our practices and policies with respect to the privacy of User information. In the event you terminate your relationship with us, or become an inactive customer, we will continue to adhere to the policies and practices described in this notice.
The 1ST Guard Security Web Site
When you are visiting and/or using the Services, as applicable, we want you to feel secure that 1ST Guard Security is respecting your privacy. The only private information we have about you is the information you choose to give us by filling out a form or an order.
1ST Guard Security recognizes that appropriate protection and management of personal information is critical and is responsible for personal information in its possession or custody. We have adopted the following privacy principles for the protection of the personal information of Users.
1. 1ST Guard Security will provide Users with easily understood information about its policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
2. 1ST Guard Security will limit the collection and use of personal information to that which is needed for valid business purposes, or to comply with applicable law, and any such data will be obtained only by lawful and fair means.
3. 1ST Guard Security will strive to maintain the accuracy of personal information, including establishing mechanisms allowing Users to have the opportunity to review and correct their personal information.
4. 1ST Guard Security will not disclose personal information to third parties, unless:
The User requests it;
The data is provided to help complete a user-initiated transaction;
The disclosure is required by law;
The User has been informed about the possibility of such disclosure and has agreed to it;
5. 1ST Guard Security uses contractual or other means to provide protection for the personally identifiable information that is disclosed third parties.
Commercial E-mail Communications
1ST Guard Security operates multiple commercial e-mail lists that interested parties can opt-in or opt-out of at any time.
From time to time, 1ST Guard Security may create new commercial mailing lists and may pre-populate these lists from existing user information contained within our databases. You may be added to an initial list of subscribers for a new list unless you have added your name to the unsubscription list.
Non-Commercial E-mail Communications
1ST Guard Security periodically sends non-commercial information and technical updates to customers and that these communications cannot be opted-out of.
1ST Guard Security will take appropriate steps to ensure that personal information is protected from unauthorized access and disclosure, including limited access to such data only to those employees with a business need to know. 1ST Guard Security will apply these principles regardless of the specific technologies employed for data collection and use.